Final Presentation

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Overview on Topic

So far Ive found that this topic has a lot of different elements to it. Because this conflict started out so late in history, it is still very revelant today and still creates a lot of conflicts in our society. It was very interesting for me to read about the history of the gay struggle and everything civil rights groups had to go through to diminish hate crimes and discrimination. The element of this topic that I am most interested in however, is how children today are effected by it. It's kind of a broad topic right now but I find myself more intrigued by kids who are adopted by gay couples or kids in middle school and high school who are struggling to come out to their friends and families. To me, they seem like the silent ones caught up in this whole conflict and they have the most interesting stories to tell. I would like to pursue this element of the topic in much more detail so I think that that will be my main focus from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment